Why Did Gmail Stopped Working on iPhone 2020?
In this blog, I’ll explain why Gmail stopped working on iPhone or iPad, and how to fix the problem so your email loads in the Mail app.
Steps for Gmail stopped Working on iPhone?
- Using Gmail from an unusual location: Many times, you may face Gmail login errors while trying to use Gmail from an absolutely new location. This occurs because of the Gmail security feature which continually tries to keep your account secure.
- Using incorrect Login ID and password: This one is obvious; you will confidently face a Gmail sign-in mistake if you enter a wrong email address or password.
- Incorrect IMAP or POP configuration: If you use Gmail via the “Mail” app of your iPhone then it is necessary that you use correct IMAP/ POP settings. In case you use an incorrect POP/ IMAP setting then you can face an error.
- Your Gmail account is blocked: This happens due to mistrustful activities from your Gmail account.
- Gmail account is hacked: If you are assured that you are entering the right username and password and you are still facing login errors then it is quite possible that your account is compromised.
The Easiest Way Gmail Stopped Working on iPhone?
What to Do When You Cannot Get Gmail on Your iPhone
Here are the steps that can help you if your Gmail account not working on an iPhone. Remember these are progressive so you should move on the next step only if the previous step fails to resolve the error.
Solution: 1 – Check Internet Connectivity
First of all, you must make sure that your iPhone has appropriate internet connectivity. To check if the internet is working on your iPhone, you would open a website through the Safari browser.
Solution: 2 – Reset Gmail Password
In case your Gmail stopped working on iPhone then you need to reset it. Open Gmail on the web or app and run Gmail password recovery in order to create a new password.
Solution: 3 – Remove and add Gmail on iPhone
If you are able to sign in properly but facing a problem in Gmail not sending or receiving emails then you should remove Gmail from iPhone and add it again. Here is what you need to do.
- Tap “Settings” followed “Account & password”.
- Now Choose Google and tap “Delete Account”.
- Again go to the “settings” and tap “Account & Passwords”
- Choose “Add Account” and select “Google”.
- Keep next to the instructions that will appear on your screen in order to set up Gmail on iPhone once again.
Solution: 4 – Verify your iPhone access through Gmail webmail
The process to verify your iPhone user access on Gmail are as follows –
- Visit Gmail.com on your web browser.
- Log in to your Gmail account using your username & password.
- Look for the email having the subject line “We blocked a sign-in attempt” or “Someone has your password”. If this kind of email is nearby in your Gmail inbox, then you must to open it and click “That Was Me” or “Review Your Devices Now”
Solution: 5 – Check Google.com recent activity
Log in to your Gmail account and click on your profile picture available at the top right corner. Scroll down to find ‘Device activity & security events”. Check the recently used devices and refresh Gmail on the iPhone. This should fix the problem when you are facing it.
Solution: 6 – Perform a Captcha reset
If your Gmail stops working then you can also resolve the problem by resetting the captcha. Follow the steps illustrated below in order to do that.
- First of all, visit the CAPTCHA reset page.
- Sign-in using your Google login credentials.
- Now, you should go back and try to log in to Gmail again.
Solution: 7 – Make sure IMAP is enabled
You should also make ensure that IMAP access is enabled in your Gmail account.
- Open your Gmail account by using a web browser and click on the Settings (Gear icon) available at the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that will appear.
- Open the “Forward and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click on the “Enable IMAP” radio button available next to the “IMAP Access” option.
Solution: 8 – Reset Network Settings on the iPhone
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to fix the problem and still your Gmail not working on iPhone then you should reset network settings. Here is how to reset Network settings on the iPhone.
- Open “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Select “General” followed by “Reset”.
- Now, tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Then you will need to enter iPhone passcode.
- The network will reset after entering the passcode.
In case your Gmail stopped working on the iPhone even after following all these steps then you should report the problem to Google.