How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus In Windows or mac os
Avast is one of the most commonly used and widely appreciated Antivirus Software out there that actually makes an effort to ensure that you are a hundred percent protected at all times from all kinds of cyber threats. If for whatever reason, you are looking to uninstall Avast Antivirus, you may be confused as to how to go about it. So this is a little helpful guide that will tell you how to uninstall Avast in simple steps. While it may seem straightforward, many people do not know how to uninstall Avast. The process of how to uninstall Avast on mac and how to uninstall Windows 10 and Windows 7 is pretty different which is why some people also get confused in that regard.
Avast antivirus is one of the most popular and widely known names when it comes to the world of antivirus and protective computer software and programs. It gives you ample protection against any and all kinds of threats and keeps your personal data safe and secure from the prying hands of third parties that may be trying to cause you harm. If for whatever reason, you need to uninstall an antivirus system like Avast, it can be kind of confusing for many people as it may prove to be more difficult than they initially thought it would be. Fortunately, there are many tools and techniques that you can use to get the program off of your system. Here is a little guide that will help you figure out how to uninstall Avast –
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST ON MAC
Here are the steps on how to uninstall Avast Antivirus in Mac:
- Go to the Applications folder in your Mac.
- Double click on the Avast icon.
- Once the application has launched and the Avast Security window has been opened, click on the Avast icon on the left part of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select Uninstall Avast Premium Security.
- Click on Uninstall in the following window.
- You will be asked to either use Touch ID or enter the Administrator password to give permission for the uninstallation of the app.
- Once the process is complete, click on Quit to close the window.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST ANTIVIRUS IN WINDOWS 10
Here are the steps on how to uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 7:
- Use your credentials to log into your Windows system.
- Make sure that no other application or antivirus software is currently running on the computer or laptop.
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Select the Apps and Features option from the menu bar.
- Go to Avast Antivirus in the following options.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Click on Yes when asked to give permission.
- Click on Uninstall once more when the Avast Setup wizard opens up.
- Finally, click on Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- You may be asked to restart your computer to finish the process.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST ANTIVIRUS IN WINDOWS 7
Here are the steps on how to uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10:
- Once again, use your credentials to log into your Windows.
- Ensure no other application is running at the time.
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Under Programs, select the option for Uninstall a Program or the Program and Features option depending on what you see.
- Right-click on Avast Antivirus.
- Click on Uninstall in the menu that appears subsequently.
- Click on Uninstall when the Avast Setup Wizard opens up.
- Click on Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- Wait for the process to finish itself.
- You may be asked to restart the computer to finish the process.
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVAST – Uninstalling Avast Antivirus
First of all, you will need to disable the self-defense mode that the Avast software is usually in so that it can tackle malicious threats.
- To do so, open up your Avast program.
- At the top of the screen, find and click on the Menu option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- The subsequently opening window will have an option for Troubleshooting inside the General section which you can find on the left of the window.
- Remove the checkmark from the Enable Self Defense option.
- Click on OK to confirm this choice.
Once the self-defense mode has been disabled, you can start uninstalling the program itself.
- Click on Start on your computer and open up the Control Panel.
- Select the Programs and Features option.
- Find the Avast antivirus application in the Programs window and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall button to begin the process.
- A window will appear where you will have to select the Uninstall option placed at the very bottom.
- Click on Yes in the confirmation window.
- The uninstallation process will begin and may take a few minutes.
- You will then be prompted to restart the computer, after which you will be finished.
See Related tag – how to uninstall avast on mac, uninstall avast mac os , uninstall avast windows 7 , how to uninstall avast windows 10