Garnering more than 1.5 billion users in 2018, Gmail is undoubtedly one of the most popular and widely used email platforms in the world. If you are a Gmail user, it is a good idea to know how to change Gmail password or reset it in case you forget it or need to alter it of security and privacy reasons. Here is a guide to help you determine how you can change your Gmail password on various platforms and using different means.
A strong password is your first line of defense against potential intruders and hackers. You should be prepared with the knowledge of how you can change your Google or Gmail password at any time in the case that you might need to do so. For many people, the process can end up being quite confusing despite how simple it sounds in theory. So to help you out and avoid you being frazzled when you need to change your Google password, here is a small guide on how to change your Gmail password using a web browser, an Android device, or an iPhone.
HOW TO CHANGE GMAIL PASSWORD
You can change your Gmail or Google account password extremely easily using your web browser on a personal computer or a laptop. You can even do this using a tablet or your phone browser. Here are easy to follow steps on how to change your Gmail password:
- Open up your browser and log into your Google account.
- Under the Security tab on the Homepage, choose the option for Signing in to Google.
- Select the Password option.
- You may be asked to sign in once more.
- Now, enter the new password you wish to change to.
- Finally, click on Change Password to confirm the changes you have just made.
If you are an Android user, here are the steps on how to change your Gmail password on an Android phone:
- Whether you have an Android phone or tablet, go to the Settings application.
- Here, look for Google and then tap on Google Account.
- At the top of the options, you will find Security. Tap on it.
- Look for the Signing into Google option.
- Tap on Password which is an option under it.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Gmail account if you aren’t already signed in.
- Now, enter your new password.
- Tap on Change Password to confirm the new changes.
How to Change Gmail Password ( on iPhone/android or iPad )
Changing the Gmail Password Using Your Browser
- Launch your browser.
- Open up Google or simply click on the Sign In option if you have Google set as your default search engine.
- Sign in to your Google account on the Google Account page using your email and password.
- Once in your account, go to the Security tab in the menu given on the left of the page.
- Scroll down and click on the option that says Signing into Google.
- Here, one of your very first options will be that of Password. Next to the option, you will be shown when the last time was that you changed it.
- Click on the Password option and you will be asked to enter and then re-enter a new password comprising of a series of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Change Gmail password on android phone Phone
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open up the folded menu by tapping on the top-left icon.
- Choose Settings from this menu.
- Select the account you wish to change the password for and then choose to manage your Google Account.
- Then go to Menu and click on Security.
- Here you will see a Password option which you will choose and then be asked to enter your current password to verify your identity.
- Enter your new password and then confirm it to save your changes.
How to Change Gmail Password on iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone and find the Gmail application. The icon has a white envelope with red borders in the shape of an M.
- Once the application has launched, tap on the menu icon.
- Scroll down until you find the option for Settings and click on it.
- Select the account you want to change the password for.
- Go under Manage your Google Account.
- At the top of the page, you will see an option that says Personal Info.
- Click on it and go to your Profile.
- Here you will see the option for Password.
- Enter and re-enter your new password.
- Confirm it to save the changes and click on Change Password.
How to Change Gmail Password on iPad
- You can either change your password using the Gmail application as mentioned under the iPhone section or you can change your password using the Settings of the iPad itself.
- Go to the Settings of your iPad.
- Find the option of Mail, Contacts, and Calendars in the menu on the left of the screen.
- Tap on it and you will find a list of accounts associated with your iPad.
- Choose the account for which you wish to change the password.
- Once you have selected your Gmail account, click on Account. The option will be placed at the top of the screen.
- A small window will open where you will be asked to type in a new password for your account.
- Make up a strong password, enter it, and then tap on done to finish the process.