Google Account Recovery: You Must Know Everything
Unfortunately, many people have faced a situation in the past where they have been locked out of their Gmail account. There may be multiple reasons why Google may deem it reasonable to suspend your account, and sometimes it may even be a misunderstanding. Regardless, in the case that it ever happens to you, it is extremely important to ensure that you know Google account recovery yourself out of this predicament as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Many of us try to do everything we can as perfectly as possible, but alas, we are only human. Mistakes and errors are a part of the human experience, and one of the most common ones that most of us end up making at least once or twice in our lives is forgetting our password. Gmail and Google Accounts are some of the most popular mailing sites and if you tend to use them regularly, it is a good idea to equip yourself with the knowledge of how you reset your Google account password in the case that you ever forget or misplaced it.
You should always know how to recover your Google account in case you ever get locked out since it contains such sensitive and important information pertaining to your personal and professional life.
Here is a little guide on how to recover your Google account in the case that it gets hacked, someone changed your password, or if you simply cannot remember the password you set for yourself:
- Open up your browser.
- Launch the Google Account Recovery website.
- Enter your email address.
- You will be asked to enter the last password you remember using with this account. If you remember it, you can enter it to get access to your account once more.
- If you do not have any memory of previous passwords, you can try alternative ways by clicking on Try another Way under the field.
- You can use an alternate phone or email to get a verification code and then enter it to gain access to your account again.
- You can also enter the date and year your account was created with the Date of Birth mentioned in your account to reset your password.
- Another option is to answer the security questions if you have set them prior to this moment.
There are a number of ways that you can recover or reset your Google account password and most of them are extremely simple and easy to use. Here is a rundown of the various methods you can use depending on whatever is most convenient for you at the given moment.
- You can enter the last correct password that you remember using with this particular Google account.
- You can enter the time when you first created your Gmail account if you happen to remember it.
- You can get a verification code on your entered phone number.
If you are a user of Gmail or Google Account, it is very important to ensure the security and privacy of your information by protecting the account with a strong password and ensuring that you have the means to recover your account in the case of a mishap such as a security breach or if you forget your password. Google has put an extremely efficient recovery system in place to help you restore your mail and get your data back with minimum hassle.
- Open up the browser on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Go to the Google Accounts sign-in page.
- Enter your Google email address.
- You will be prompted to enter the password. In the case that you do not remember or know the address, click on Forgot my Password.
- You will be asked to enter the last password you remember using with that account.
- If you do not remember any past passwords, tap on Try Another Way.
- You will be asked to either use your phone number or backup email address to recover your account.
- Select the appropriate option depending on your convenience. You can choose between text message and call if you are verifying through your phone.
- Click on the verification link you receive or enter the verification code in the given space.
- You will be given the option to reset your password.
After following this guideline you can fix Google account recovery forgot steps successfully.
HOW TO RECOVER HACKED GOOGLE OR GMAIL ACCOUNT
- To begin with, you need to understand and be aware of signs that show that your account has been hacked.
- Note for any unusual activity, any notifications that say there has been an attempt to change your password or username, an absence of new emails, or the presence of emails that you have not sent in your Sent Items list.
- You may also be notified with a message saying ‘We have detected suspicious activity on your account’.
- Take these alerts very seriously and solidify your security in such cases.
- For the recovery process, make sure that you have the following items handy:
- The last password you used with your account.
- Your alternate email address and associated phone number.
- Answers to your selected security questions.
- In the case that you are still able to sign in to your account, immediately change your password and log out of other devices.
- Log into your account.
- On the Home Page, click on Signing in to Google under Sign-in and Security.
- Under Password and Sign-in Method, click on Password.
- Enter your new password, ensuring it is complicated, and then save the changes.
- If you cannot access your account:
- Go to the Google Account Recovery page.
- Enter your email and then the last used password.
- Try another way if you do not remember the password such as a verification code by phone number or alternate email.
- Change your password for security purposes and sign in to your recovered account.
HOW TO RECOVER SUSPENDED GOOGLE ACCOUNT
Here are steps on how you can recover suspended Google accounts as well as recover suspended Gmail accounts:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console using the credentials for your administrator account.
- Browse through the list of Users on the console to find the suspended account.
- Click on that username to open their account page.
- At the top left, you will notice a message explaining why the Gmail account has been suspended.
- At the top right corner, you will see an option that says Restore Gmail. In the case that you have not received access to that option yet, you will have to wait 24 hours for the automatic limit reset instead of having to do it manually.
- Click on Reset.
- This confirms the recovery and restores that particular user’s Google account in the next 15 minutes.
- The user can now use their credentials to log into their accounts and carry out regular activities.
It is important to remember that you can only restore a particular Google account 5 times per year. It cannot be recovered or reset if it is suspended for more than five times in a given calendar year, and you will subsequently have to wait 24 hours for the automatic reset.
GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY BY PHONE CALL
Google has become the center stone when it comes to online account management and basic operations. Whether you need it to gain access to your important documents or read your email, it is a good idea to know about ways that you can recover your Google account. There are many means you can use to do Google account recovery, but one of the easiest options for you is to do Google account recovery by a phone call or with your phone number. When signing up to Google, you are normally asked to enter a phone number. This is the number that is subsequently used for recovery purposes.
You can very easily update your phone number if you would like to change it.
- Log into your Google account.
- Go to Personal Info and under Contact Info, choose the option for Phone.
- Here, you will see three options: you can add your phone number or add a recovery phone to Update number. Lastly, you can Delete your phone number by clicking on Delete and then selecting the option that says Remove number.
GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY BY PHONE CALL – How to Fix
It is extremely easy to do Google account recovery by phone call. But in order to do so, you need to know all of the steps to ensure you do not run into any problems when trying to do Google account recovery by phone call. Here is how you can perform Google account recovery by phone call:
- In order to do Google account recovery by phone call, you need to first go to the Google account recovery page.
- Here, you will be asked to enter your email address.
- Subsequently, the first option you will get is not Google account recovery by phone call, but instead you will be asked to enter the last password you remember using with this account.
- Click on the Try another way option given in blue under the password field.
- Flick through your options until you get to the Google account recovery by phone call option.
- On the phone option, you will get to choose between Google account recovery by Text or Google account recovery by phone Call.
- Choose the Call option.
- You will receive a call with further instructions which you can follow to complete the Google account recovery by phone call process.
Google Account Recovery for Android
There are a number of ways that you can choose from to recover Google account. Let’s take a look at a couple of the easiest and commonly used ones, especially for Android devices:
- You can receive a verification code on your phone number. Here is how you can set up a recovery phone number on your Android device:
- Open the Settings of your Android device.
- Go to Google and select Google Account.
- At the top of the screen, you will see an option for Security.
- There, under the section of Ways, we can verify it’s you, select Recovery Phone.
- Sign in if you are asked to do so with your credentials.
- Add your desired phone number.
- You can receive a verification code on your recovery email address.
- Open up the Settings of your Android phone or tablet.
- Go to Google and select Google Account.
- Look for the Ways we can Verify it’s your section and select Recovery Email.
- Sign in if you are asked to do so.
- Add your desired email that you can access easily and use relatively regularly.
Google Password Reset
LAST CORRECT PASSWORD
- Open Gmail on your browser using mail.google.com.
- Enter your Gmail address.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter the last correct password your member using with this account and click Next.
- If you have entered the password correctly, you will be given the option to reset your password.
VERIFICATION CODE BY PHONE
- This is part of the 2-step authentication.
- Enter your Gmail address at mail.google.com.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Click on Try Another Way.
- Explore your options until you get to the Verify by Phone page.
- Enter Your Phone Number and click on Send.
- Select whether you would like to receive a text message or a call.
- Once you receive the code, enter it and click on Next.
TIME OF ACCOUNT CREATION
- Follow the above-mentioned step until you get to the Verify by Phone page.
- Click on I Don’t have my Phone.
- You will be asked to enter the month and the year when you created that account.
- Click on Next to get further instructions.
See related Tag –
Google account recovery, Recover Google account, how to recover your Google account, Google account recovery for android, recover my google account, google account recovery page, Google account recovery phone number, how to reset Google account