There are many situations and scenarios where you may end up needing your Roku device’s IP address. If you are currently looking for a way that you can use on how to find Roku IP address without wifi, your search is over. This guide will give you the steps you need to follow in order to find your Roku IP address without Remote.
Steps for How to Find Roku IP address without remote
Here are the steps you need to follow if you are searching for a way on how to find Roku IP address without remote:
- Launch your browser such as Chrome.
- Go to the web store and search for Remoku.
- Add the Remoku app to your browser.
- Click on the icon and launch it.
- You will be shown your virtual remote if you do not have it with you physically.
- Choose settings in the app drop down menu.
- Click on Scan.
- Mention your device number if needed.
- The app will scan the local area for IP addresses that come in its range and then point out the ones that belong to Roku devices. You will receive your Roku IP address in a few minutes.
- If you do not have access to the remote and still need to figure out how to find Roku IP address without remote, then you can do so by using the mobile application for Roku.
- Download and then launch the Roku app on your mobile phone.
- In the top right corner, you will notice a gear icon that indicates the settings of the app.
- Click on it in the Channels tab.
- Go to System Info which is one of the available options.
- Clicking on this option will show you the details and information of the system. This includes the Roku IP address that you have been looking for.
HOW TO FIND ROKU IP ADDRESS WITHOUT WIFI
Here are the steps you need to follow if you are searching for a way on how to find Roku IP address without WiFi connection:
- If you do not have an internet connection, you can try to figure out your device’s IP address through the router.
- Launch the browser and enter your router’s IP address to open the administrator interface.
- You will be shown a list of devices that are connected to that particular route.
- The hostname will be listed on one side of the connected devices.
- Find the one that says Roku and note down the IP address given just to the side.
How To Find Roku IP Address & How To Change It
One of the easiest ways that you can find Roku IP address is by using the device itself, or the remote. This is how to find your Roku IP address using your Roku remote:
- Go to the main menu on your Roku.
- Scroll down until you find Settings.
- Click on Networking.
- A submenu will appear. Locate About.
- In this section, you will find many important network facts and other data written for your convenience. Your Roku IP address will be one of these things mentioned.
Another way to find your Roku IP address is without the remote and it is not as straightforward. One of the methods is to use the mobile application for Roku to find Roku IP address:
- Launch the Roku app on your mobile phone.
- On the top right corner, locate the gear icon and tap on it on the Roku Channel or the Channels tab.
- Choose System Info.
- As explained by the name, you will find system information, including the Roku IP address.
You can also use your web browser to find your Roku IP address:
- To do this, you will need to make use of a free Chrome browser extension called Roku.
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Go to the Chrome web store and search for Remoku in the extensions.
- Click on Add to Chrome to install it.
- Once it has been installed, click on the icon for Remoku in your Chrome home screen, at the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings and click on Scan.
- After waiting for a minute or two, you will receive your Roku IP address. It does so by scanning the area for various IP addresses depending on the range of your network and then narrow it down to the ones belonging to Roku devices.
Here is how to do it through your router:
- Launch your browser and go to the router’s admin interface by typing in its IP address.
- You will find a list of devices connected to it.
- Identify the Roku devices by listing them by hostname and find the IP address right next to them.
How to Change Roku IP address
Here we will discuss, How to change the Roku IP address.
1. First of all, you have to go to settings.
2. Then you need to click on the Wifi option.
3. Now click on the Network name.
4. Then you can see the IP address.
5. You can edit or change this IP address.
How Do you Connect My Roku To Wi-Fi Without Remote?
- If you have lost your remote, then you can download the Roku app. The app is free and available in the Google Play Store and Apple Store.
- After downloading the app, your phone will act as a remote.
- Configuration time; Turn the devices ON, i.e. TV and Roku.
- Roku home screen will appear on your TV screen. Select Settings and then move to the Network section.
- In the Network section, you will find two options, Wireless and Wired. Select Wireless.
- On the right of your TV screen, you will find an option; Setup a new Wi-Fi connection, select the same.
- Thereafter, you will find the list of Wi-Fi Networks. Select the one and enter the password.
- After entering the password, tap on Connect.
- Roku will take some time to configure the Network.
- Thereafter, you will find the green tick, which resembles the successful connection of the Wi-Fi.